Thursday, October 1, 2009

How D'Ye Do And Shake Hands



How D'Ye Do, my name is Ashley and this is a blog for all the unconventionally conventional. Those that, like me, find themselves more comfortable in the traditional role of housewife, but that do it in their own unique way. A twist on the original. We wouldn't want to be seen as passé or boring now would we ladies? No, there is much more to being a housewife then one might think. I would like to explore the housewives of the past and present, and try and understand each individual take on homemaking, as well as providing hints and tips and my own journal of failures and successes as a Bizarre Housewife.




This is for those of you who feel a strong connection to the past. Who understand the importance of our role within the home and strive for something that seems to be fading out of existence in our modern world. Although saying that, I do not wish us to be viewed as shrinking violets, who kowtow to our husbands or partners and do not hold opinions of our own. Politics and pancakes go quite well together in our world.




Housewives, despite popular belief, do not have to be dowdy frumps. Instead I prefer to think of myself as an accidental portrait of a pin up girl. Ironing in a corset and heels (it really does make the mundane much more fun) or finding delight in getting my skirt caught on the vacuum cleaner or the wind naughtily blowing it up. I prefer these images of fun and frivolity to model myself upon, and they give me hope that even burning the dinner or falling over in heels can look sexy, if only you look from the right angle!




2 comments:

  1. lol! Love the way you see it! :)

    Not a proper housewife, but I still love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete